The AA-12 is an automatic shotgun that appears in Spec Ops: The Line.
It is first seen in the hands of a soldier in the water depot at the end of Chapter 10. In Chapter 14 it is seen used by a Heavy Trooper that Walker hallucinates as Lugo, but there is another one at the top of the gatehouse. 4 Zulu Squad gunners inside the building also wield this weapon.
As such, only 8 of this weapon can be found in the game, with 7 of them being able to be picked up.
It is unlocked at level 39.
- The AA-12 has a 33rd Infantry insignia on the side of it, similar to the SCAR-H, FAMAS, M-99 Sniper, and Vector.
- The AA-12 uses green shells rather than the red shells used by other shotguns. These appear to be Frag-12 explosive rounds, judging by the weapon's massively increased range and accuracy.
- It has very little stability, making it exceptionally difficult to stay on target when fired full-auto, unless the player uses a higher sensitivity or has in-game combat experience.
- This weapon is often considered to be among the best, if not the absolute best, and one of the most exceptional weapons in the game. Many factors can be taken into consideration here, as it works in any range, short, medium, or long. This weapon also has a high drum magazine capacity, carrying up to 20 rounds per magazine, along with extreme stopping power, a relatively high rate of fire comparable to an assault rifle in lieu of a automatic shotgun, and that is not mentioning its very precise accuracy. All in all, these traits make this weapon a very deadly weapon.
- Keep in mind that while Walker can use this weapon to great effect, the 33rd also have these same traits, so be careful when dealing with operators of this weapon.